• Perform a variety of quantitative and qualitative laboratory tests and analysis in accordance with established testing methods and instructions.
• Collect samples from the plant using international accepted standard sampling procedures to produce precise & reliable data to support research studies.
• Receive sample list and enters the test analytical results using the computerised Laboratory Information System (LIMS) and Business Object reporting software to ensure accuracy.
• Prepare and standardize chemical reagents used in day to day working of the laboratory tests and on-line analysers.
• Report any instrument operating faults and apparatus damage to the immediate shift supervisor.
• Monitor the correct implementation of the sampling procedures and schedules to ensure equipment functions properly and reliable results obtained.
• Check and carry out trial runs on newly installed and/or repaired Laboratory apparatus and analyzers to ensure proper functioning and accuracy of delivered items.
• Update inventory records of chemicals, calibration reference materials, calibration gases, inert gases, equipment spares and consumables to ensure timely replenishment
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement and comply with all relevant functional policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures, to accomplish operational objectives.
• Provide on-the-job Training to meet Competency Based Training programs for UAE Nationalization.
• Maintain all tools, safety gear and equipment provided by company safely and in working condition.
• Arrange for repair or replacement of any tools and safety gear that may not be in good working condition.
• Carry out all maintenance jobs in line with assigned time standards.
• Inform the Maintenance Supervisor in case additional resources are required to carry out the job within the assigned time frame.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures, modification of functional processes, machinery or equipment.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
• Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
• Maintain the work environment clean and tidy before, during and after executing the job, in line with established standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
• Collect technical data from the field as required and provide inputs to prepare Section progress reports for Company Management.
• Provide input for the preparation of Method statements and initiate Near Miss reports.
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with line Manager/ peers and other employees within the company/Group as required
External Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with external parties including consultants, third party service providers, and government agencies as required